Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 2009

We started the July 4th weekend on Friday installing an invisible fence for the 2 dogs. This was my idea because I am so tired of dog hair and cleaning up dog poop. Morgan, the yellow lab, poops in the house almost every night. We were not going to buy the invisible fence brand so we bought the Lowes brand that you have to install yourself. It took Will all day on Friday to install it. We were almost all the way through when we realized that we needed about 10 more feet of wire. I had to go back to Lowes to get that.

I am in charge of training the dogs since I am here all day. Well, that sounded better in theory. I took Missy, the black lab, out first. I had watched the video on how to train them so I thought I was prepared. I wasn't. I took Missy towards the flag and she jumped to high heaven. This completely freaked me and her both out. She then ran between my legs and wouldn't leave me. Maybe my training is done. Now Morgan on the other hand was different. When it shocked her, she just blinked and it didn't really phase her. I think this whole process was harder on me that them. I was so sad when Missy got scared.

The next day I took Missy out to try again and she stayed with her tail tucked tightly between her legs. It was so sad. I hope this invisible fence works.

On Saturday we spend the day at the lake. We had a great time there watching the fireworks. Seeing all the boats on the lake with their red and green lights on watching fireworks is something to see.

This week we have vacation bible school. Price is having a good time. I am leading the recreation part. So far it hasn't been nearly as hot as it could be so I am very happy for that. I can't believe that my baby will be one at the end of the month. Where has the time gone?? During the middle of the night I feel like she has been here forever but during the day, time has flown by.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I still get sad when my dogs get shocked! I can believe LD will be 1 either...time has gone by so fast.

Ali said...

when is her birthday?