Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bed rest AGAIN!!!

Well, this has been a busy week for us. On Monday night my wonderful mom was giving me a pedicure and noticed how large my legs looked. I am a big girl but my legs have never been really big until now. After mom said this, I thought that I may need to go home and check my blood pressure (I had high blood pressure/preeclampsia with Price). Sure enough my blood pressure was 150/100 on three different occasions that night. I got a friend to check it the next morning and it was 147/96. I called my doctors office and they wanted to see me. There it ws 140/100. They told me to lay there for 5 minutes and they checked it again. This time it was down to 140/80. They put me on bed rest, told me to have no caffeine, not to go outside in the sun, and to eat a low sodium diet until Friday. I go back tomorrow for them to tell me more. I am having to do a 24 hour urine sample and they took my blood to check my liver. Hopefully I will know more tomorrow.

I feel like the baby is big so if they have to induce me again, I am really not to worried. Of course, the longer they put it off the better but I really feel good about the babies growth now. Please keep all of us in your prayers. It is hard being on bed rest with a 3 year old running around but I have a great sister and great friends who have been having Price over to play for the past 2 days.

Hopefully I will write some good news tomorrow.

No comments: